Plan Your Guided Hunting Vacation
Rely on the expertise of the C Lazy U Ranch Concierge to design hunting packages that blend premier guided hunting, on-ranch outdoor activities and leisure.Big Game Hunting Planner from the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Department, and call the reservations department at 970-887-3344 for any questions about your next hunting trip.
Prior To Arrival
- Drinking plenty of water is the number one way to help your body adjust to our higher altitude. The low humidity in Colorado keeps the air dry like the desert, so you need about twice as much water here as you would drink at home. The C Lazy U supplies all guests with refillable water bottles to make sure you stay hydrated, but you can help yourself even more by hydrating properly prior to coming to the state.
- We’re up at 8,300 ft. so the effects of exercise are more intense here as well. As an example: if you normally run 10 miles a day at home, 6 miles will be the equivalent while you’re here.
Colorado Hunting Trips: A Packing List
- The fall at the C Lazy U is known for its vast climate changes:
- Sept: 15-30 degrees Fahrenheit at first light and sundown, 60-80 degrees during the day
- Oct: 0 – 30 degrees Fahrenheit at first light and sundown, 40-60 degrees during the day. Late Oct usually brings some snow.
- Nov: -10 – 20 degrees Fahrenheit at first light and at sundown, 30-50 degrees during the day. Expect snow.
- With the above said, we encourage that you bring layers with a day pack.
- Waterproof boots. We do have boot dryers available if needed.
- Several pairs of warm socks.
- Rain gear
- Flashlight or head lamp
- Rifle/Bow/Muzzle Loader
- Tags/Licenses/Hunter Education Card
- If you are driving, bring a couple large coolers for transporting the processed game.
- During muzzle loader & rifle seasons, you will be required to wear a hat and orange vest or coat.
What the C Lazy U Ranch provides for you
- Snacks & bottled water during the hunt
- Hand warmers
- Bug spray
- Small selection of riding boots
- Reusable water bottles
- Orvis fly fishing equipment
What the guides will carry with them:
- Game calls
- Shooting sticks
- Range finder
- Day pack with extra water and basic first aid
- Cell phone or radio for emergencies
- Toilet paper
- Tools to dress the animal once harvested
If you forget to pack something, you can always head over to the Ranch Store to pick up anything you may have missed. We have everything from the perfect boots for horseback riding to toothpaste and can order supplies from town.
If you’re not here to hunt, there is still plenty to do at the ranch. Besides daily horseback riding—where you can brush up on skills to show off at the Shodeo – adults and kids can head outside for fly fishing, archery, trap shooting and tennis, or test their stamina and strength at the ropes course and zip line.
Even pampering yourself is possible on a hunting vacation, thanks to our award-winning Lazy You Spa.
For any questions about your next hunting trip in Colorado, call the C Lazy U Ranch reservations department at 970-887-3344.